Saturday, March 28, 2015

Waves- SOL 3/30

I bob up and down in the dark blue waves, looking across the water. There's a breeze, blowing against the water, sending sharp, stinging droplets of saltwater through the air in to my eyes and streaming down my face.  To my right is a bunch of boats, mostly sailboat, a small cliff guarded by a bunch of dark brown rocks and sloshing sea foam and waves slamming against then, and a small beach with a row of perfectly manicured palm trees, my hotel. The smoothie shack lies on the hot sand in front of the Koi pone, and the long path leads back to the condos and hotel with the big, wide windows and perfect yards. It's so different from the ocean, I think. The ocean is beautiful in a different way then the hotel and gardens and palm trees. The hotel seems so taken care of, pretty but not wild, perfect. The ocean is perfect too, but you know that it's not under the control of any human- it could turn wild at any moment. I lose my awareness for one second, thinking random stuff like this and I get doused by a wave. I choke on the water, I look out at the dark water again and think how lucky I am to be here, among the waves.

2 comments: