Monday, March 9, 2015

Book: 1001 Cranes (SOL 3/10/15)

This week I read 1001 Cranes by Naomi Hirahara. This book is about a girl named Angela Kato who moves to L.A. because of her parents divorce. She has to stay with her grandparents, her grandpa, who she gets along with pretty well and her grandma, who Angela doesn't get along with at all. Angela at first is totally not excited to live with her grandparents, and work every single day in the shop where they fold 1001 Paper Crane Displays for people, and hates the people that work there. After a while though, she starts to actually enjoy L.A. and living life there.
First of all, this book is totally under my reading level, but I might recommend it to some of the younger  people in our class (maybe). The story got kind of slow sometimes, but it was also very interesting at sometimes, even though it left a lot of storylines hanging (which was FRUSTRATING). My favorite character would probably be Angela, just because she was cool and not one of those perfect characters that protagonists in books sometimes are. overall, I would recommend this book to maybe 5th-Sixth Graders, it was way under my reading level.

7 comments:

  1. Hm. It does sound kind of slow, which I may not like..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. It does sound kind of slow, which I may not like..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does not sound very good. But I like your summary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hm. I don't like books that have a slow plot in some spots. I might steer clear of this book. but your summary was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting book. I probably won't read it though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your summary, but doesn't sound like my type of book.

    ReplyDelete