Monday, March 2, 2015

Road Rash (Book Blog SOL #3), March 3rd.

This week I read Road Rash by Mark Huntley Parsons. This book is about a high-schooler drummer named Zach, who after being kicked out by his old band, gets picked up by a new band and embarks on a summer tour with them all over the country. It is mostly just about the dynamics in the band and Zach adjusting to them. It is also about the dynamics of him and people that he leaves at home. This book was okay, but was kind of mindless. It has almost no mature topics at all, or very little language. I would call this book realistic fiction. Also some things in the book weren't very realistic, or so overly realistic that things were boring. If you want a book with a deep message and great writing, as well as a sophisticated topic and storyline, then this book is not for you, but if you want a fun and mindless read to pass time, this book is a good candidate for something like that.

5 comments:

  1. Hm this doesn't sound like my type of book but perhaps I might try it out if I want a mindless read as you mentioned in your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite what I'm looking for but it sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds pretty cool. I'm surprised I haven't heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting some books are read for an interesting plot than a sophisticated one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I don't think personally, that I would be great at realizing it's good writing. I think this was a good review, but I personally wouldn't enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete