Monday, March 9, 2015

Sick/Train of Thought/Other Stuff Too March 9 Slice.


Being sick gives you a lot to think about and a lot of time to do it, too (as well as a lot of time to write a really long slice...). When there's nothing better to do then sit around the house, you get a lot of time to think. Except for, when I have homework there's always stuff to do, but when I don't and can just sit here or do whatever I want I can't think of anything. It's kinda like being a long-distance swimmer, except for then you can't think because you keep thinking about the race. I'm a short distance swimmer, by the way, But I can do both. Here is a collection of already (as you can tell) my very mixed-up thoughts and what I thought about today.

#1: What is Talent?
Is Talent actually real, or not? A couple of days ago my dad, who was listening to me play piano, started talking about how good of a piano player I am and how I'm way better then he was when he was my age even though he practiced more and for longer every day (Thanks, Dad). But why? Is it just because I have the physical abilities to play piano, is that what we call "Talent", just having the physical ability to do something? Do I just have more connection between the two sides of my brain then he does and therefore have developed a "Talent" for it? Could this explain why I'm so much better at sports where I use my hands and reflexes relating to that then other sports, like I picked up basketball extremely quickly but have been playing soccer for almost 8 years and still have trouble with it? Or is it something else, like I enjoy the piano more, or have a better teacher, or am more dedicated or just know how to practice better? I don't know.

#2: Are TV Shows Actually like the Real Life Thing?
I'm not talking about like Reality TV Shows here, Like The Voice or Survivor, I'm talking about stuff like NCIS. Is the real Naval Criminal Investigative Service like the drama-filled, super-cool TV Show? I then went online and started researching the question. I found a few articles that said that the things that they get to experience are kind of the same as the TV Show, and the cases are very similar, both of which are SUPER COOL! I then started thinking about what really draws me to that TV Show, and I came up with a third answer as well as those other two-the characters. All of the characters and people in the show are so charming and unique and just seem too-good-to-be-in-real-life. And I guarantee that there aren't any articles online that tells you if the real-life people are even close to the characters from NCIS.

#3: Does someone's favorite color effect their personality?
Or is it the other way around? Does their personality effect the color that they choose to be their favorite? What about numbers, or even favorite seasons too? I don't know. I don't have any evidence on this one so I'll skip to the next one...

#4: Where Did the Stereotypes for Brown and Blond Hair Come From?
Like the brown-haired people are more exotic, smart, and brave and blondes are more sweet, kind, and pretty. I mean, it's obviously not true, but where did they come from and who got people to believe it? It's kind of odd that a bunch of people would just start believing stuff about your hair, especially when both of the stereotypes represent good traits as well as bad. But I don't know. I believed them until I was like five, so I can't really complain. It's kind of stupid though, honestly.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts. Cool way to do a slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought about these questions, that is very interesting to think about. Here's a question, do you think sand is called sand because it is between sea and land. Also I have always wondered is the S or C silent in scent. Interesting questions on your blog! Good job,
    -James

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really interesting way to do a slice of life. I had never thought about some of these questions and your slice got me thinking. Great job!

    ReplyDelete