Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sports SOL 3/19


I've never really not liked playing sports. I've actually always like sports. I've just not always recognized the importance of them. Some people are like "I don't like sports." I mean, it's definitely possible not to like them, but you need to see why people like them. Number one, they've taught me a lot. For example...
1. How to work in a team.
You're driving down the sides of the court with the basketball. There's one second left on the clock. You glance at the bleachers to see all of your teammates, friends, and family watching. Suddenly a huge guy steps in front of you, waving their arms so that they obscure the basket. Your teammate, wide open and under the basket, motions to you. But if you make this shot, you just know you can, you'll be the hero of the game. What do you do?
2. Celebrate other people's accomplishments and make friends.
You're playing soccer, and it's the biggest game of the year. You see the goal up ahead, and the tied score on the sideline, 2-2. You see the clock on the sideline, 30 seconds left, and the tense faces of all of your friends, family, and classmates on the bleachers, cheering for you. Your teammate dribbles the ball up to the goal and shoots...SCORE! Everyone congratulates your teammate, and you won. Are you jealous?
3. Never Give Up.
You are in the final lap of a 100 butterfly, trying to qualify the last chance you have for State, in a goal that you set at the beginning of the year. All your friends are cheering for you at the end of the pool-they know how badly you want it just as much as you do. You turn into the final lap, you get through halfway, your arms are aching, you really need to take a breath of air, and the girl next to you has started to catch up. You don't think you can go on for any longer, but you need to make the time. Do you give up?


No. No you don't.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm not a huge sports fanatic but I can relate. I still do sports. Good slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool, I totally agree with everything you said here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with everything you think. Sports are amazing. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything you said. sports are an integral part in our society. without them, life wouldn't be life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with how important sports are. I used to hate them but I didn't give up on them and now I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post!! I can really relate to you and know how you feel completely. I have loved sports and still do!! They are a big part of my life and I agree with how sports can teach you a lot, especially about teamwork. Nice job and keep up the good writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your slice of life. I agree with what you said, even though I'm not incredibly athletic myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great slice. You have a lot of drive.

    ReplyDelete