Sunday, March 1, 2015

Best Sports Ever SOL 3/2/14

What is the best sport ever? When I asked this question to myself, my first thought was swimming. I'm a swimmer, and I think that swimming is a great sport. It tests your endurance, physical and mental toughness, and strength. It also builds an amazing sense of community and develops a different skill set then you would normally have. Swimmers need to be strong, tough, and confident in order to swim, and it's a super fun to achiev
e goals that you've set at the beginning of the season. It's a super cool sport.

But then I think of Basketball. This is the other sport that I play, and while I may not be as good at it as swimming, I think that I picked it up pretty quickly. The thing that I love about Basketball is that it's such a great team sport, and more of a contact sport then swimming. You're on a team and you have to be confident in your teammates, as well as not hog the ball the whole entire time. It's also more strategic, there are plays and strategies used differently then in Swimming.

And then of course there's soccer, which is the most popular sport in the world. It's probably just as athletic as Basketball but in a different way. People run across a huge field in a game that can go on for hours just for a few goals. Soccer is fun because it's a team sport too. I can definitely see why people like soccer so much, even if I don't do it the same amount that I swim (or really competitively at all. I play on the Logan team but that doesn't really count).

There are also team sports like Baseball and Football. Football needs a lot of strength and strategy, where in my limited experience Baseball is more about skills. Also Hockey, which combines learning a skill set that you wouldn't normally have, like swimming, as I've said before, or in this case skating, with a lot of strength. Also sports like Volleyball, which has less running but more concentration.

Mostly I think that it's just cool that people play sports. These sports range from Swimming to Volleyball to Soccer and different people like different ones depending on their personality. I don't think that there's one perfect sport but different ones for different people. However, it's cool that we all play them, showing that everyone likes the general idea of a sport-to be competitive, make friends, and to have fun.

So, I want your opinion. Which sport is the best, which ones do you play, and why are they the best? Comment your answer and also vote on my poll to the side ->. Thanks for reading everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I really like that your slice was like a comparison of sports. I like all of the sports that I do so I don't really have a favorite. Nice slice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hockey is the best. I really like the comparison of sports. I think you took a lot into consideration when writing this. this is also a crazy long slice. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great slice. I think that basketball is the best and I agree with our description.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a really interesting opinion on sports. I play sports because I have fun playing them, but I don't have fun if they are too hard. My personal favorite is horseback riding (if that counts) or soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swimming is the best! Nice slice Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make some very good observations about these sports! I haven't played enough sports to be able to have a valid opinion on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great slice! I loved it's big question, it made a great theme. and the best sport is horseback riding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I play volleyball, and tennis. I dont have a favorite sport. I love how you compared the sports.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do still think Chess is the best sport but I enjoy XC as well. Is Football (Soccer) the most popular sport in the world? That's awesome! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I play volleyball and basketball, but I lied on the class post and I like volleyball more. Nice Slice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The topic of your slice was really interesting. My favorite sport is probably swimming.

    ReplyDelete