Wednesday, March 11, 2015

3/11/14SOL Music


My mind disappears into the music, as the rest of the world swirls the color of the song and disappears. The lyrics write themselves across the front of my brain, through my mind over and over again. I find myself living with the song, my storyline rising and falling with the music. I notice the technical side of the music if I want to, but most everything just blends and comes together in the shape of the whole song. I focus on just one point, vision narrowing to block out the already disappearing world. I don't know how to describe it besides the fact that the song was living in my brain, purple and blue and all the feeling and memories of the song and other things in swirling around and enveloping me, muting everything but bringing out the things that are importantly sharply.
I'm writing this with my music blasting loudly in my ears. I just described whatever I felt. If its weird, well, I bet it's weird. It's an amazing feeling though. I guess I just don't care if I go deaf early.

Answer in the comments: What's your favorite song? Why?

6 comments:

  1. i really like this and i know how you feel!! i don't really have a favorite song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many songs, I have no clue which is my favorite. I used to not care about what music is like, (explained in my SOLSC #7) I love how music ames you feel different about different things. I like this slice JTLYK because I can relate to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a favorite song, but i love how you described this one! Nice SOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of favorite songs, so I can't decide. But I like the description of your SOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your description of your musical experience is wonderful with the layers and nuances. My favorite song changes depending on my mood. I do love "Moondance" by Van Morrision though most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now my favorite song is Depreston by Courtney Barnett. Your description of listening to music is great! Nice slicing.

    ReplyDelete