Friday, March 13, 2015

Dr. Vertenstein's Rules-SOL 3/13

My Piano Teacher is both 87 and from Romania. This is kind of strange because we couldn't be more different. I love playing piano, and I think that she's a really good piano teacher, but just kind of intimidating sometimes. She has a lot of quirks-for example, the time that I walked into her house for a piano lesson and she greeted me by saying "I shall knock my house down", and decided that she wanted to transform her house into a marble concert hall or how she's constantly boiling cabbage for a "Nutritious Snack." Most of the time, she's actually really nice to us and at least, if she's not nice, she's pretty normally fair, but she's definitely hard to work with sometimes. And So, ladies and gentlemen, I present: If Dr. Vertenstein (that's her name) had 10 rules, what would they be.

1. Always clip your nails. If you do not, I cannot let you play, especially on the Steinway (her favorite piano).
2. Do not come to the piano lesson with ink, paint, nail polish, or anything else on your hands. It will rub off onto the Steinway.
3. DO NOT get a nosebleed or start bleeding in any way, ESPECIALLY on the Steinway.
4. Don't be late. Like, even one minute.
5. Don't talk unless I ask you to, if it doesn't relate to piano.
6. You MUST practice. If you don't, I'll kick you out because you're wasting my time and won't listen to any excuses.
7. Sit Nicely at the piano, so that you look graceful.
8. No shoes allowed in my "Studio."
9. Do Not Move Chairs. (She has this one plastered all over her house on large pieces of paper scrawled with sharpie).
10. Keep your bag of books away from the Steinway, so that it doesn't hit it.
11. No jewelry, because that it might scratch the Steinway.
12. Do not bend the spine of books to make them stay open-only I will do that.
13. Always say "Thank You, Dr, Vertenstein" on the way out.

9 comments:

  1. Dr Vladimer sounds crazy! :) I don't know if I could keep ink, paint, nail polish, or anything else off of hands, I always seem to get something on my hands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your slice was really creative. I liked how you wrote what her rules would be. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love the rules... so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was extremely funny! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all of the above. Dr. Vertenstien is definitely crazy. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a crazy piano teacher. Does she teach you well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed. I've heard a lot about this teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She sounds like quite the piano teacher with some interesting rules. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, doctor Vertenstein. your rules are (I'm sure) accurate and yet somehow unfair to the Lydias. Ink, paint, everything gets on our hands.

    ReplyDelete