Sunday, March 30, 2014

Starbucks

"One tall mocha frappachino, with  extra whipped cream"! A woman in a green starbucks apron leans over the counter, holding a large cup with the top filled with perfectly shaped sweet whipped cream, and a green coffee stirrer embedded deep inside. "Me." I say, and she hands me the perfectly ice cold drink, condensation gathering and then dripping down the side. "Thank you", I say, and smile at her. She smiles back. After grabbing my change, I grab a straw, peel the paper off and yank it out of the wrapper, and push the straw into the frappachino. I take a sip. And then another.Then I lift the straw up out of the drink and lick it, the coolness and sweet, coffee-chocolaty flavor of the mocha frappachino blends in with the light fluffy sweet whipped cream. A piece of ice crunches in my mouth. I close my eyes. Yuuuuummm. I proceed to eat most of the whipped cream, and then blend in the rest to make it extra creamy. I then devour the rest of the frappachino, sucking ravenously at the icy cold mixture through a straw.
I love Starbucks. They have everything, whether what you need is a tangy pumpkin scone, a rich piece of chocolate cake, an ice-cold delicious frappachino, a huge cup of coffee or mocha, a crazy hot caramel macchiato; you name it. If you were to find me at Starbucks, I would probably be relaxing in a sunny black leather chair at the mall, or even more likely in Lowry, standing in the corner of a well lit Starbucks. In my hand you would find either a pumpkin scone, a hazelnut latte, or most likely a frappachino. These are probably my favorites to get at Starbucks. If you looked even closer, you might notice that the frappachino is most likely so-called "strawberry creme", salted caramel, caramel flan, or just plain caramel, or maybe mocha. It would have whipped cream on top and would be the version of a Starbucks small size, the tall, because I can't eat anything bigger then that and I feel bad making anything that wonderful go to waste. And then I get a straw, pull off the wrapper, and the rest is history. Or I guess you could say it like that...
Yum.
And so I turn in this Slice of Life, 3/31/14, the last one, in anticipation of the amazing Starbucks that I will get  and all of the other good fortune that may stumble across me because I did all of the Slices, this being SOL #31 out of 31. It was fun, considering it's a big evil assignment, improved my writing skills, and I get Starbucks.
G'bye.

2 comments:

  1. That was a great slice. I was reading a lot of your slices over the past month, and they were really good. I'm glad I got to read them, and this one too! Starbucks here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard a treat described so deliciously. The next time I get one from Starbucks I'm going to notice it a lot more closely. The extra creamy whipped cream, the green stirrer, the condensation dripping, the crunchy ice. Great slice on which to end the challenge!

    ReplyDelete