Friday, March 7, 2014

AS Play Stress

The most and least fun part of the AS play, besides the actual performances of course, is tech week. Actually, I don't necessarily know, because I was in the IS play last year, but you get the point. Right now when I'm writing this we are at the point where we are right on the edge of the panic-attack week, also know as tech week. I actually love tech week, because we finally get to see the completed set, run the play with lights and sound, put on costumes, etc. Sometimes though it can get a little bit stressful. These situations can range from when you suddenly walk in to play rehearsal and you're five minutes late and everyone else has their costumes on, to when you suddenly realize that you are doing a harmony wrong and you have 3 days left until the play.
Right now there are exactly three days left until the play, including the rehearsal tonight. If you go to my school and are reading this, you should all come, because it will be amazing. If you do not, then oh well. I think that opening night is always the best night, in terms of how smoothly the play runs and just in general, because it's the first time you get to show all of your hard work to people, and sets the standard for all of the other performances to come after that, and even farther in the future. Another great thing about my role besides the bunch of singing that I'm doing is the fact that I get to open the play and close it. Technically, I have the opening of the opening night, which is epic.
So come watch the play. It will be great and hilarious and you will all love it. Just trust me.

6 comments:

  1. Tech week is so fun, so I completely agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tech week, its fun but it is so stressful I like how you described it, good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. It only gets a LITTLE stressful. I liked your view on it though

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are so lucky, you got 4 things crossed off the agenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to come see the play!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a lot of fun, but really stressful. I am definitely going to come and see it, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete