Thursday, March 6, 2014

SOL 3/7/14 Daydreaming and songs and why everybody should read books

I thought all of this in less than a minute and decided to write it down:)

Have you ever wondered why books always end the way they do, with a happy ending? Me too. They say books are supposed to take you away to another world, and make you imagine things. But what's the point in imagining things if you can't transition them to your real life? When I was a really little (and pretty cute) 5 year old, I loved to imagine things, and play "pretend games". I even made an alter ago for myself, a horse named Cannonball, which is pretty creepy if I think of it now.  But seriously...why do only children daydream, and make believe, and not adults or even most teenagers. And what am I even doing questioning it?

So what was I doing daydreaming when I was five? I really don't know. Why would I want to be someone else and somewhere else if I liked my life in the first place, which as a five-year-old, I think that I probably did. Maybe it was that my five year old self knew something that I didn't, which was that my life could always be better. I was happy as a five year old kid, but I was dreaming about everything I would LOVE to do, and hoping that it would come true. As I started to grow up, and went through kindergarden, first grade, all the way up to now, in 7th grade, I learned slowly how to accomplish these things, but I forgot one thing which was actually what goals are in the first place. And what's the use in knowing how to do stuff if you don't know what they are in the first place anyways?

But what about books? Here's what I've decided; the people who write books, write songs and music, and poems are the people who haven't completely grown up yet, and never will. They pour their fantasies and emotions into the story of the song, or the book, or whatever, hoping that someone out there will listen, and try to make the world a better place, or even an almost perfect place, if that is possible. Maybe that's why books always have morals, or happy endings. After all, the stories did come from the writer's mind in the first place, so it's basically like playing pretend when I was five. Maybe everyone is born with that gift, but some people lose it just as they figure out how to accomplish their wildest dreams. The authors, the songwriters, and the artists are the ones that secretly convey these messages to the rest of the world, maybe unknowingly. And the cool thing is, I think that I could be one of these people in the future. I don't know yet, but I think that every one could be their own form of Peter Pan an in some small way, never, ever grow up. This is why books, and songs, and poems are so amazing. Convinced yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment