Monday, March 24, 2014

Over the Weekend

Over the weekend I went up to our friends condo in Vail. We skied and had a lot of fun. Here are some memorable moments from the trip:
1. Playing quizup. One of the kids was about my age, and we played quizup over and over again, in Name the Pop Star. I won and she kept challenging me again and again. After about 10 games, we were basically tied in the last question, she was ahead by one, and the question was it who sings the song I'm With You. We all know that this is Avril Lavigne and it's one of my favorite songs ever. It was her third single off her first album, Let Go, and is 3:43 seconds long.  My friend didn't know, and I reached down to hit the Avril Lavigne option button, and I was so excited that I missed and hit Mariah Carey instead. I do not think that I will ever get over this crushing loss, and my brother will never stop teasing me about it.
2. My friend and her younger brother were in the bathroom, and one of them started rapping "you squished my butt you squished my butt". Don't ask me. This kept going on for about fifteen minutes, I'm not kidding you. It was weird. I got a lot of really good recordings though.
3. The song that I wrote to win an Apples to Apples game. It was beautiful. Not really. It was pretty awesome though. The green card was poetic, and somebody had book, and somebody had candy, and I had a song. I made up this amazing rhyming song that probably wasn't my best lyrics ever, but hey, whatever, I won!
4. Singing along to Frozen on the chairlift. We got a lot of weird looks, and my brother was so embarrassed. No one could probably hear us anyways, it was blizzarding and I couldn't see five feet in front of me.
5. The candy store. After skiing, we were allowed to walk over to the candy store. This was the best candy store ever, that had like every single thing that you could imagine. I had only brought five dollars, because I was dumb, and I spent exactly $4.98. I got some Root Beer Gummy Candy, some gummy peach rings, and some cinnamon-chocolate bears. My brother got a huge bag of weird flavored jelly beans, my friend got a chocolate bar about the size of her face, and her two younger brothers split their money and got a jawbreaker bigger than their two heads combined and a three feet tall, $23 gummy bear. Yum.
6. Dumping snow on people's heads. Someone came up with the idea to go swimming in the blizzard after skiing. We chilled in the hot tub for a while and then got in the pool, and someone came up with the brilliant idea to have everybody close their eyes and have one person dump snow on their heads when they are least expecting it.
7. Eating apple pie for breakfast. Do I have to say more? :)

5 comments:

  1. Thats sounds like a really fun weekend. That happens too me so much when I'm playing QuizUp, its so annoying! But QuizUp is fun, so I keep playing even though I lose every game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds not at all like my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like lots of fun! Also tell her I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds really fun oh btw do you want to build a snowman

    ReplyDelete
  5. QuizUp is really fun. I always win the Marine Life quizzes.

    ReplyDelete