Monday, November 17, 2014

Survival Colony Nine

This week I read Survival Colony Nine by Joshua David Bellin. This book is kind of post-apocalyptic, after a species comes and takes over Earth. A boy wakes up, in a tent, with no recollection of where he is. He can't remember his name, who he is, what happened to him, or how he got to this place. Suddenly the tent door opens, and he sees the face of a man above him, who claims to be his father. The boy, who's name is apparently Querry, slowly learns about where he is survival colony nine, a small roving group of people who hide from the Skaldi, a species the possesses people and uses emotional connections to those people to manipulate those who they want to destroy. Survival Colony Nine is always on the move, running from people that they can't know if they're possessed, and can't do anything about it. Then everything changes when they find a abandoned city, and Querry starts to figure something out; he might be being used, and he also might hold the key to end the Skaldi invasion. Then everything goes wrong.
This book was REALLY GOOD. IT Had so much suspense, and Querry was very relatable. The book was both character based and plot based, even though the plot was extremely good; it was probably more plot based just very slightly then character based. It was kind of like a mix of the Maze Runner and Divergent, but it was told from the viewpoint of a boy, which was cool. I would recommend this book to anyone. Also, this book is good for people who don't read this genre all that much; it's more Divergent-ish than sci-fi, so it's good.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I will add to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Very interesting. I might read that. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds sort of strange and good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds like it's a really fun read. How long was it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really cool! I love books that have lots of suspense like you said. Thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  6. this book is definitely a book that I would read. I don't think that I would be in that colony. I would probably starve in this situation. then become food for the extra terrestrials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book sounds cool. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Sci-fi books, and this one sounds really cool. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete