Thursday, October 31, 2013

And Then There Were None

This week I read And Then There Were None By Agatha Christie. I would describe this book as a murder mystery. At first, when my mom got me this book, I didn't want to read it, because "it was all old-fashioned and stuff.". Eventually, I just decided to read the first couple chapters, and I got totally pulled in. And Then There Were None is about eight guests who get invited to an island, called Indian Island, for one reason and another. The Island was recently bought by a millionare named U. N. Owen.   They all come, and get stranded there in the middle of a storm with the two serving people, with no U.N. Owen on the island. Slowly, they start to get murdered, following the nursery rhyme hung over each of their beds. This book is about the creepiest book I have read for a long time, and really good. The twist at the end is crazy, and the characters seem really believable- for the time period, at least. There are lots of surprises that make the book interesting, and it's one of those books that you don't want to put down. It keeps you in constant suspense. The reading level is a little challenging because the talking is all old fashioned, but it's actually not all that bad. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes murder mysteries, or anybody that is looking for a creepy book with lots of surprises to make life interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment