Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Breadcrumbs

This week I read Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu. This book was really good. I would call it Fantasy but also gets into real life; the main character is a normal girl. This is a really great book that Linda recommended, but I would warn you that we are probably on the upper range of the reading level, not out of it though, but close. Because of that, I would probably recommend this to 6th graders,  and only maybe 7th and 8th graders. It is about a girl named Hazel going to search for this boy in the woods who has been captured by a witch thing. The story sounds cheesy, but is actually kind of entertaining and not really silly. The characters are really connectable. I would recommend this book to people who liked books like Wonder by R.J. Palacio, books by Wendy Mass, or the Apothecary by Maile Meloy. Overall, this was a really good book with a total hook ending.

2 comments:

  1. This book sound really good. what are that parts that make it a hard read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great book. I love Wendy Mass!!!

    ReplyDelete