Thursday, December 4, 2014

Unfair: Math Test

I close the door behind me, actually upset. It's just not fair! I had told my math teacher that I was coming in the next day to finish my test, but he instead of listening to me, had graded it before I was done. It was a friday, I had just finished shadowing at a high school, and I was exhausted, but I still made the effort to come 45 minutes all the way to Logan to finish my test. All I ever hear about is "make sure you guys come in to finish your test; I want you to do well", and now that I actually walked up to my math teacher the previous day and told him that I was coming after school to finish it, he had apparently ignored me and decided to grade it anyways, denying that I had said anything of the sort. It was obvious that he felt bad for me, and it probably wasn't his fault; he gave me my possible corrections early, but still. I got a 14 out of 20; if I had finished it that would have become noticeably higher.
Most of the time when things are unfair, you can do something about it, and you should. But sometimes  there's nothing that you can do. I argued with my math teacher, and tried to tell him that it was unfair, but he didn't listen. I made up a lot of points on my corrections, so at the end of the day it wasn't that big of a deal. Then you just have to try and learn from it, accept it, and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment