Monday, December 15, 2014

Cabaret

Once upon a time, there was a group of people. They were rushing around, missing entrances, and forgetting lyrics on stage. Their timing was off, the band was exasperated, and they had no idea how to serve. These people were us in the days leading up to the Cabaret.
But we actually pulled it off. Thursday was amazing, and just reminded me why I love performing so much. I've done it enough to not be nervous anymore, or to be able to ignore my nerves if I am, but I still think that it's so much fun to be completely in control of the situation; if you mess up, everything falls apart, if you do well, then everything is okay. Friday night was one of my favorites; it was stressful, one of our people was sick and we had to fill in for him, and we pulled it off perfectly. I loved it because it was just awesome to be nervous, and then do something anyways, and it was just great experience. The matinee was also great; it honestly went by in a blur. Finally closing night came and went super fast and well, except for as the lights dimmed down on our final solo, I finally realized that the show was over, and then I was depressed, but still.
Thanks to everyone who came, everybody who helped us, and everybody who performed with me; I had A LOT of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment