Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I Am Number Four

Over the summer, my favorite book that I read was I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. This book was amazing. The plot line follows a group of teenagers who came to Earth after their planet was destroyed, on the hopes to someday return to it and save themselves and their planet. One problem; they are being tailed by the same people who destroyed their planet in the first place, who are probably trying to kill them and then take over Earth. When their planet was destroyed and they were sent to Earth, a charm was put on them that they could only be killed in a special order. They were each given a number when they left, and can only be killed in the order of their numbers unless two or more of them are in the same place at the same time. The main protagonist's name is currently John (he has to change his name every single time they move to a new place; he's constantly on the run from the aliens). He has just moved to a small town in the middle of nowhere, called Paradise. For the first time, John actually makes some friends, and even has a girlfriend. He starts wishing that he had a normal life, and even starts to forget about the aliens chasing him. John is happy, but there is one problem; three of his friends are dead, and he is number four.
This book was amazing. It was kind of a mix of realistic fiction and sci-fi. I really liked the characters, even though I thought that they could be a little bit more developed; the book was more plot based then character based. If you like books that are set in a normal place but have magical elements, this books is for you. I would recommend it to people who liked Divergent , The Hunger Games, or The Fifth Wave.



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I should read this. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good book! I ail consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really good! I will read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds amazing!!!! I shall now read it. Do you have a copy I can use for next week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool book! I will check it out. You did a great job describing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really liked hunger games so thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete