Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fangirl

This week I read Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I would call this book realistic fiction.   This book is about someone named Cather, or Cath, who's whole life is these books called Simon Snow, which is basically like Harry Potter. She writes fan-fiction with her sister, or always has until they go to college. Her twin-sister, Wren, starts to drift apart from Cath and fan-fiction. She refuses to be roommates and starts going out to parties, just ignoring Cath. Cath is left on her own without any friends, a hostile roommmate and no idea how anything at college works. Over time, she learns how college works, starts to involuntarily make friends, fall for her roommate's boyfriend, and has to figure out what to do with her and Wren.
This book was okay. There wasn't much of a plot line, honestly, but the writing was okay. Honestly, I hate fan fiction, so I wasn't able to relate to that part, but overall it was pretty good. The plot never really went anywhere though, so I wasn't really able to enjoy it as much as I wanted. Also, some of the characters I really liked, but some of the characters, like Cath, I didn't really honestly like for most of the book. Overall, this book was Okay, but not amazing.
Next 5 Books:
- The Islands at the End of the World
-   Bird (Recommended by Linda)
-The power of 7 ( I am #4 Series.)

6 comments:

  1. I have heard about this book and its sounds like it was a good book over all. Maybe I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read this book as well, it's good but (much like Aristotle and Dante) it doesn't have much of a plot like Sarah said. However I highly encourage you to read it because different people have different tastes.

      Delete
  2. I wanted to read this book! thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this book
    i love fan fiction so I guess I will probably relate to that part more
    anyways it sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book, because the author is amazing. Let me guess; it's a romance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fangirl sounds like such a fun book! I will read it as soon as I finish A Mango Shaped Space!

    ReplyDelete