Friday, April 18, 2014

Jane Eyre

This week I read Jane Eyre. Honestly, I started reading this over break because it was the only book that I had in Washington DC. I then quit reading it because, as I had said before, I only had read the first three pages and was severely bored. Last week I kinda picked it up again and decided to give it a try. Now let me clarify; this is NOT the type of book that I normally read at all. But I thought that it was all classic or whatever and I might at least give it a try. And I did. And surprisingly... wait for it...It was actually kind of good. Jane Eyre is about a person named Jane Eyre, and it kind of follows her life and her time being a governess for these people. It does not have a lot of action in it, but the characters are pretty developed too. Overall, I would recommend this book to anybody who wants to try reading a so-called "classic" book. This book, as well as being a classic, is also pretty good so- there you go.

7 comments:

  1. What are some of the things that happen over the course of her life? It sounds interesting but it would be nice to know a little more before I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It's kind of a pretty stereotypical storyline, it follows her when she had suckish adoptive parents and silblings, her going to a boarding school, and then finally Falling in love with her imployer as a Governer.

      Delete
  2. It's kind of amazing that you continued reading it. I never would have done that. Maybe I will try this. I should probably read more classics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about reading that book, like Etti I should read more classics. Is it worth a try to read it? I think I might give it a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth a try, it was ok in my opinion, and a good way to score some Max and Kam points :)

      Delete
  4. Ooo sounds as you said "pretty good" maybe I'll read it, but It'll be further down on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book. the movie is depressing too, if you're in the mood for a depressing movie.

    ReplyDelete