Monday, April 14, 2014

Carrie

This week I read Carrie  by Stephen King. This book is about a shy girl named Carrie in high school, who gets picked on by other people in high school, and abused by her very-messed-up-mother. She discovers that she has powers like telekinesis. After a couple of incidents of being picked on, in a gym bathroom and at the prom, she uses this to destroy or harm, or at least scare all her bullies. In my opinion, this book was messed up. I mean, I don't read a lot of horror books, if that's what you would classify this as, but I honestly didn't really like it. If you're going to have a horror story, I feel like there should be some suspense, and I didn't get any. I thought that the writing was great, but the plot line was just ok and the ending was kind of messed up. There was a lot of killing, really unneeded violence,  and a lot of weird stuff, (sheep's blood at a high school, for example. Really?). I think that this book was great, in terms of writing, and I would recommend it to anyone in our class who want to read a horror book with, in my opinion, not a lot of suspense, but the book was a little messed up in my opinion. There are some mature topics, if not a lot, and a lot violence and killing, so consider that before reading it. Overall, this book was fine, but not the right book for me.

1 comment:

  1. i liked it, I would recommend the shining so far its pretty good

    ReplyDelete