Monday, November 18, 2013

The Pact

I am in The Pact book group, so kind of obviously I am reading The Pact.   Ok; you knew that. This book is about three boys who grow up in a really poor part of whatever town, I think that it is NYC, but anybody who is reading this and in my book group feel free to correct me. Everyone else, look at the comments. They make a pledge-or a pact-when they start hanging out with each other that they would all grow up and be doctors. This would be a big accomplishment, considering that they have no money, not a very good education, and almost everybody in thier life is either addicted to something, getting in trouble, or selling and/or dealing drugs. They have very few good roll models and no matter how much they try to stay out of trouble they pretty much get pulled back in. Slowly they inch their way up, get better education, and finally get into a special program called the Pre-Dental/Medical Program, and then into another college, but they are not done with all of their challenges.
This book so far is really good. I think that almost everybody in our class should read this book; in some ways it could be life changing. You get to know Sam, George, and Rameck pretty well, and really admire their success, and the amount of difficulties they faced. This book is an autobiography, but a really interesting one, and the story and writing is pretty amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really cool book. I should read it after book groups (and then after that one A.S. King book).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good thank you ill add it to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw I like ur backround
    #YOLO swag text thug life

    ReplyDelete