Friday, November 22, 2013

Free Verse Poem

Alright, here it is. It is really dramatized.
She sits there
alone
the snow falls all around her, gathering in banks by the side of the street, and on the thin roof that just happens to be above her.
She snuggles closer into her black down jacket, shifting slightly on the rock hard bench of the bus station.
Lights shine and delicious smells waft out from the houses all around her, through the gently drifting snow.
She hums a song to herself.
Finally, headlights appear out of the fog, she runs a hand through her hair and climbs in.
The headlights fade into the snowy darkness.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you used all the senses to help give readers a clear picture of what you are describing. I particularly like the phrase, "she runs a hand through her hair." I can relate to that so the image strikes me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how I felt the cold and silence without you mentioning either!

    ReplyDelete