Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Going to the Grammys

We managed to spend 3 hours stuck in traffic, missing the opening ceremony-type-things. Wonderful. Actually, I don't even know if I would have been excited to see them, because apparently there's no signal in downtown LA. Really? This is actually the first time I've been glad my dad was a lawyer, and not a secret agent or something cool like that. Seriously, I told him that when I was five and got in lots of trouble. But Grammy tickets is pretty sweet. But finally, we're there. It's a commercial break, so the whole stage has gone quiet besides the crackly sound of people's voices over walky-talkies and the low hum of a Beyonce performance from 2007 or something to entertain the crowd. Not that I need to be anymore "entertained" or anything. I mean, this is sweet! And so fancy! I  mean, it's just a huge concert, but whatever, it's kind of cool that they make us all dress up. Especially for a music awards show that get broadcasted all over the world. I look around to see what's going on and notice Adam Levine for the first time, sitting about two rows behind Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift. I mean, I'm like IN THE SAME ROOM as Taylor Swift! Ohhh, maybe she's performing next! I flip through my catalogue like my like a little kid, or my brother, at a candy store. Yep. Having nothing else to do I take ANOTHER selfie. I mean, this is pretty cool sitting here and eating sushi and chocolate chip cookies for dessert, which is basically the only thing that they serve at the Grammys. I wonder what everybody else at home is seeing right now. There's probably a tape delay so I bet it's just started. Have they seen Katy Perry yet? OK, so maybe I am kind of little kid at a candy store-ish, but, hey, it's the Grammys!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the description! I wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I still can't believe you went to the Grammy Awards. That is insane. Second, I could feel your excitement about being there. I like your last line the best. It is such a great sentence construction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously incredible! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I am glad I enjoyed your slice!
    I liked that candy store line at the end best!

    ReplyDelete