Friday, September 13, 2013

A Mango Shaped Space (book response week 2)

This week I read A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass. This was a book about a 13 year old girl that sees colors when she hears sound. She thinks that this is normal, and when she realizes it isn't, and tells somebody, they make fun of her and don't believe her. For the next five years, until the book takes place, she doesn't tell anybody. Everyone slowly forgets the first time she told them, and blames it on her imagination. The main plotline of the book is about what happens when she finally tells somebody her secret, but there are lots of alternate stories weaved into it. It is about her everyday life, but is actually quite fast- paced and interesting. It is not too hard to read at all. I'm not sure what genre I would call it; it's kind of a mix of a couple. One thing it definitely is not is sci-fi or adventure, so I was surprised that I liked it. I would recommend this book to almost anybody. Even though the main character is a girl, boys should like it too. Overall, this book was awesome!!!
Next weeks book: Mila 2.0

12 comments:

  1. I REALLY liked A Mango Shaped space! You should read the other books by Wendy Mass! You would probably enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etti blogged about this last week. It sounded like an interesting book. I would also suggest to you Wonder by R.J. Palacio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read this book for about two months but never really got down to it. Thanks for the reminder/suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this sometime, because to me synthesia is an interesting condition

    ReplyDelete
  5. That books sounds really interesting, my friend has synthesia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this boo last year and loved it! nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED A Mango Shaped Space but it was really sad in some parts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah,
    I am going to have to read this since everyone seems to love it. Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Mango Shaped Space is the book I would like to read next week. Would you mind giving it to me to borrow?
    Lots of people really like this book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked it a lot. Do you read this genre often? I don't, and I still found it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This seems like a cool book. I will read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to be reading this book. I'm glad that its worth reading!!!

    ReplyDelete