Saturday, August 31, 2013

Intro!!!

What's up, people! I'm Sarah London, as you probably already know. I am currently twelve years old. I enjoy many things such as swimming, playing piano/guitar/singing/you name it, listening to music,  playing soccer, science, basketball, reading. I also enjoy talking about multiple things with my friends that include pop music, other types of music, skiing, the debated awesomeness of star trek, ice cream, just plain ridiculous things- ok, you really get the point by now!!!
One book I read that I really enjoyed was called The Last Dragonslayer, by Jasper Fforde. Yes, with two Fs. At first I was skeptical about it because it's a fantasy/magic dragon-type-book:), but it's so funny! It incorperates modern day aspects into a kind of ridiculous fantasy world. It also makes fun of books like Harry Potter. Another book that I love is Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. This book is kind of like a sci-fi dystopian book, and the main character is really relatable. One last book is Viral by Kathy Reichs. I thought the (futuristic yet possible) science behind it was cool and also just the characters. The setting was really fun, I'd recomend this book to a lot of people who like sci-fi, fantasy, and really fast paced, realistic books.
So, that's it. G'bye.

6 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    You should try the Thursday Next series also by Jasper Fforde. The first one, The Eyre Affair, is rather entertaining.

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read Enders Game and it is really good! Viral sounds awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    Thanks for the introduction and the book suggestions. I have not yet read Viral so I added it to my TBR list. If you like futuristic thrillers, you may want to check out books by Michael Crichton. His books usually are fast-paced, very suspenseful and seem to be based on plausible science as you read them. One caution though, they can end up scary and some characters usually die in them, killed by whatever force is prevalent in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog! I haven't read those books yet but I'll keep them in mind!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  5. i will probably read the last dragonslayer book, it sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often enjoy similar books to the ones that you mentioned. Although I haven't read any of these so far, I might later in the year, thanks to this list. You did a good job of backing up your choices with the reasons you liked the books.

    ReplyDelete