Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Black Book of Secrets

This week I read the Black Book of Secrets by F. E. Higgins. This book is kind of weird, but kind of fascinatingly strange at the same time. I don't even know why I read it, but I think I"m glad that I did. This book was about a boy growing up around some time and place that seemed semi-equivalent to medieval London, and was mistreated by his parents. He then flees from them into a smaller town with a pawnbroker who sells secrets. He badly wants to trust him, but doesn't know what to do about it, as does the rest of the town. This book was interesting, really short and a quick read, and not really my type of book. Overall, I wouldn't read this book again, it was only okay, and not the type of stuff that I would normally read, but if you think it sounds good. Overall, this book was okay, had a few graphic descriptions of violence, and would probably be good or even great to someone who reads these types of books just more often.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting read, but I won't get my expectations too high if I do read it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really cool. I'll probably read it.

    ReplyDelete